The global coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has left much of society deeply concerned about the spread of infection and seeking tools to help slow and ultimately stop the spread of the virus. FlowCentric Technologies and Eldir have teamed up to create a next-generation access control solution, designed to tightly manage access and temperature screening protocols.
“Although disease is not something new to humanity, the effects of COVID-19 have had an enormous impact on how we interact with each other and how we do business,” states CIO at FlowCentric Technologies Denis Bensch.
This situation is not going to change soon, and even when a vaccine does arrive, it will take a long time for everyone to be inoculated, explains Bensch.
“We find solutions, that’s what we do. Which is why we developed EGAN, our facial recognition and thermal detection solution, in conjunction with Eldir.”
Eldir offers a complete specialised workforce management solution. The Eldir: DSO solution is built on the FlowCentric Processware platform, which is how the initial collaboration began.
“We were discussing how we could help organisations to manage and track the people that access their premises, with the aim of mitigating the spread the Coronavirus,” explains CEO at Eldir, Adriaan Heijns.
“The public is already accustomed to providing identification to enter any access-controlled property. EGAN is the next step in this, in that facial recognition will be used to identify individuals entering a property, with the added advantage of also capturing body temperature,” says Heijns.
EGAN uses facial recognition and thermal detection technology to capture data about the people entering and exiting a property. Employees and frequent visitors are added to the system, thereby speeding up the access process and allowing security and reception personnel to focus on processing new visitors and discreetly addressing anyone who is flagged for additional virus-specific questions.
The solution can integrate medical information, including test results, vaccination information and any other information that will enable pre-emptive actions to be taken before someone enters the property.
Integrating facial recognition with thermal screening has multiple advantages over the current mostly manual processes that companies use.
The facial recognition and thermal detection solution, EGAN, offers the following benefits:
- Positive and precise digital recognition and recording: A paper-based system has all the downfalls of other paper versus digital systems and is only as reliable as the least conscientious employee that is managing the logbook.
- Much faster than the handheld scanner and paper method: Known people such as employees or regular contractors are processed within seconds, as the recognition and temperature technology are designed to authenticate and record data very quickly.
- Builds an auditable database of visitors: Once a visitor or delivery person has been onboarded, they too are processed with the same efficiency and records can easily be reviewed if the need arises.
- Sends automatic notifications: Key personnel are automatically notified when someone’s temperature is above the threshold, reducing potential delays and keeping the right people in the loop.
- Central access to historical information: When a person is identified as being above the maximum threshold temperature, key personnel can quickly access that person’s historical information to gain insight into their temperature on other days that they were at the office.
- Reduce your employees’ risk of potential of exposure: Scanning each person’s temperature is risky to the person doing it. EGAN reduces that risk significantly as only unknown visitors need interact with reception.
For more information on the facial recognition and thermal detection solution, EGAN, please contact us.