Process improvement is all about simplifying, streamlining, and automating your existing processes to make them better. When they’re working optimally, your company can get things done faster, at a lower cost, and far more easily than before.
Process Improvement As A Catalyst For Growth
- It saves time and money.
- It simplifies and streamlines tasks.
- It requires that you critically analyse your organisation.
When should your business seek process improvements?
- When you’re getting a lot of feedback from your customers.
- When you’re getting a lot of feedback from your team.
- When your team spends a lot of time looking for data.
- When you’re struggling to keep up with demand.
- When you’re doing something repeatedly.
Start Improving Processes By:
Asking teammates for their opinions
Your goal is to understand how things are functioning, and you aren’t going to do that without the insights of your team members. Involve them in the process to understand the following:
- What does the current process look like?
- What’s working well?
- What could be improved?
- How can that issue be addressed?
This information will help you improve processes in a way that’s beneficial for your team.
- How Effective Processes Boost Stakeholder Trust (flowcentric.com)
- Don’t Underestimate the Importance of an Executive Sponsor (flowcentric.com)
- Getting Started With Business Process Management (flowcentric.com)
Organising processes that need improvement first
Processes are added to companies over the years, often to ‘keep up’. Without regular evaluations to ensure that the systems and processes are supporting the goals and performance of the business, and improving relationships with stakeholders, they become clumsy, inconsistent, and laborious to navigate.
- How Well Do You Know Your Business Processes? (flowcentric.com)
- 5 Phases of Business Efficiency (flowcentric.com)
- Processes May Not Be Sexy, But Without Them We’d Be Lost (flowcentric.com)
Evaluating your existing technology landscape
Outdated IT systems, with their limited flexibility, are damaging productivity, hobbling corporate growth potential, increasing IT risk, and potentially putting unnecessary.
- Can Technology Undermine Stakeholder Trust? (flowcentric.com)
- How To Choose The Right Technology For Your Business (flowcentric.com)
- 2007 Called, They Want Their Systems Back (flowcentric.com)
Use these improvement techniques and associated templates to design better processes!
With more than 21 years of experience, FlowCentric Technologies are the ideal team to help you connect your systems and improve your business processes so that your business runs smoothly.